BELIZE TRAVEL TIPS
Travel Packing List of things to bring on Vacation
You’ve bought your plane ticket and excited for your Belize Vacation! Here are a few helpful things you’ll need to pack.
Be sure to pack resort wear - light weight clothing, shorts, blouse, dresses, swim wear, pair of long pants, light long sleeve shirt⎹ blouse, rain jacket, light weight jacket, pair of socks, comfortable walking tennis shoe that you don’t mind getting muddy, flip flop or sandals and dress shoe. When not touring, swimwear & cover ups are popular choices. Dinner dress can be casual or dressy! We always recommend packing a dressy outfit - you never know.
Antihistamine, cortisone cream, mini first aid kit…
TENNIS | HIKING SHOES, WATER SHOES & PAIR OF SOCKS
TRAVELING WITH KIDS
Favorite toys, snacks, DVDs... Traveling solo with kids - please read airport requirement below to avoid delays.
PASSPORT & VISA
Passports are required for entry in Belize (valid for 6 months from date of travel). Visas are required for some countries.
PHOTO ID, CREDIT CARD & CASH
Bring driver’s license, credit cards & cash for souvenirs… (some places accept cash only).
INSECT REPELLENT, SUN BLOCK LOTION, SUNGLASSES & HAT
CAMERA - CHARGER & MEMORY CARD/S
BE A THOUGHTFUL TRAVELLER
- Travel in a spirit of humility and with genuine desire to meet and talk with local people.
- Be aware of the feelings of the local people; prevent what might be oﬀensive behavior.
- Cultivate the habit of listening and observing rather than merely hearing and seeing or knowing all answers.
- Realize that other people may have concepts of time and have thought patterns which are diﬀerent than yours.
- Instead of seeing the exotic, discover the richness of another culture and way of life.
- Get acquainted with local customs; respect them.
- Remember that you are only one among many visitors; do not expect special privileges.
- When shopping through bargaining, remember that the poorest merchant will give up proﬁt rather than give up his/her personal dignity.
- Spend time each day reﬂecting on your experiences in order to deepen you understanding. What enriches you may be robbing others.
- Make no promise to local people or new friends that you cannot implement.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON VACATION AND BE A PART OF OUR VOLUNTEER EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM IN BELIZE. HAVE EXTRA LUGGAGE SPACE - PACK SOME SCHOOL SUPPLIES. IT’S REWARDING TO GIVE THE GIFT OF EDUCATION TO CHILDREN. COMBINING IT WITH VACATION - IS JUST A BONUS!
“Despite the fact that we focus on catering to our guests’ need to ensure their stay is exceptional, we encourage everyone to make their own unique efforts to savor their vacation experience in Belize.”
Many times there are simply so much to see and do that a lot of vacationers can understandably become overwhelmed. Relax. This is your vacation after all! Take time to take in your surroundings and literally live in the moment. Remember, often times, the journey is as important as the destination! Breathe. Be adventurous. Keep an open mind and immerse yourself in your experience. Don’t expect what’s at home - you don’t need to vacation for that.
TRAVELING SOLO WITH MINORS
Be sure to get a notarized letter of authorization from one or both parent/s granting you permission to travel out of country with said minor. This applies for all minors under the age of 16 traveling without one (or two) parent/s.
Pack your bags, go over the recommended travel tips and journey on an exceptional vacation - with or without your young world traveller! We look forward to welcoming you soon and taking excellent care of you!
"It's not just a vacation. It's an Experience!"
Thank You. Come Again. Recommend Us to Your Closest Friends!