We hope that you and your loved ones are safe during this confusing and fluid time. As we stay close to home for some time, we know that the love for travel will not go away. Knowing this, we understand there is some hesitancy in planning your next adventure, and we want our guests (that’s you!) to feel as comfortable as possible when planning your stay with us.
For decades, we have placed our guests at the center of whatever we do. Even amidst these challenging times, the one thing that stands out is the genuine and warm service of our front-line team of staff who are serving you, our guests, with the characteristic personal attention & top-notch service that has become the hallmark of our resort. At this moment, your safety and well-being are of utmost importance to us and we remain committed to being prepared to welcome you back at Belize Boutique Resort And Spa very soon!
We are open for reservations and fully operational. Belize Boutique Resort And Spa is a Certified Gold Standard Hotel and Certified Gold Standard Tour Operator by the Belize Tourism Board, meaning, we have exceptional cleaning and sanitization protocols to Ensure Your Trip from Start to Finish is Worry Free. With only 20 rooms spaced on property, two outdoor pools and plenty lounge areas, social distance is built in. Your health and safety throughout your stay is our top priority and we have been recognized for just that.
Bookings are available by advanced reservations only to ensure your wellbeing. For spontaneous, last minute bookings, please contact the resort directly at (US) 1 815 312 1237 or WhatsApp (BZ) 225 5555.
Belize Travel Updates: The most recent travel updates for arriving tourists are as follows
- Valid Passport and Visa
- Tourist must be booked at a Certified Gold Standard Hotel, must transfer to the hotel via a Certified Gold Standard Tour Operator and must abide by safety protocols - such as wearing face masks and proacticing soical distancing.
- Negative PCR test result - taken within 4 days of arrival - will be accepted by passengers at the International Airport; (or) a rapid antigen test - taken within 48 hours of arrival - will also be accepted from arriving passengers at tne International Airport.
- Download the Belize Health App and complete required information within 72 hours of your flight to Belize.
- Effective Jannuary 26, 2021, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States.
That being said, there is always a risk when traveling during these times and extreme caution must be taken by the individual to ensure for safe travels regardless if you traveling to the corner store, at home or internationally. Simple and consistent practices, such as wearing face masks, social distancing 6 feet from others and continuously sanitizing & washing hands are a few measures we can individually take that have positive effects on our health and that of others. Wearing your face masks not only prevents the spread of bodily fluids, but also shows respect for the wellbeing of others you come in contact.
Important US Travel Update: Effective January 26, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States. Before departure to the United States, a required test, combined with the CDC recommendations to get tested again 3-5 days after arrival and stay home for 7 days post-travel, will help slow the spread of COVID-19 within US communities from travel-related infections. Pre-departure testing with results known and acted upon before travel begins will help identify infected travelers before they board airplanes.
In response to the new requirements for all air passengers entering the United States, either as a final destination or layover, the Belize Tourism Board and the Ministry of Health & Wellness confirms testing will be expanded and made available to all passengers departing Belize for the U.S. Further details including costs and testing locations across the country are being determined. All individuals planning to visit Belize are encouraged to proceed with their travel plans.
Keep updated with details of testing sites and cost in Belize as it becomes available. Planning a trip to Belize, let us help you plan a Worry Free Trip. Email or Call the Resort directly.
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance.
We are continuously monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization and Government of Belize.
Your Health & Safety is Paramount. Kindly Help us to prevent the spread of illnesses. One person Can Make A Difference. You Can Make A Difference. We have Implemented New Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols for new & returning guest visiting Our Resort, associates and our team of staff. Our Resort’s team of staff are continually trained to practice & implement new enhanced protocols.
All Guests, Team of Staff and Associates to the Resort are required to:
- temperature checks
- wear face masks
- practice recommended 6 feet safe social distancing
- regularly wash & sanitize hands
Sanitizing Stations can be found throughout the Resort by the Entrance, Dining Areas, Pools & Lounge Areas and JIVA Spa. Enhanced cleaning of all areas including public areas & high touch surfaces have also been implemented. All high touch surfaces have been thoroughly cleaned & disinfected
Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our resort family is working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our resorts’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
The resort has implemented these precautionary hygiene measures based on instructions received from the Government agencies and Ministry of Health on the guidelines for prevention of transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Training to sensitize associates to the protocol prescribed by Government of Belize for personal hygiene and COVID 19, which includes, but not limited to use of face masks, social distancing, cleaning and sanitizing, personal hygiene, employee health monitoring, and food safety.
- The Resort may measure body temperatures of all guests, associates and vendors using non-invasive laser thermometers.
- Repeated surface cleaning and sanitization of all areas, including increased access to alcohol-based hand sanitizers at prominent locations (restaurant, pools, mineral bath).
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
Our resort uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: The resort uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: The resort has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the check in lounge, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” The resort is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and offices.
The Belize Phillip Goldson International Airport (airport code - BZE) reopened date previously scheduled for October 1, 2020. The country and country’s officials, as well as individual establishments like ours, are doing everything we can to help prevent the spread of the pandemic .
International Travelers: New Travel Requirements
Kindly read the following travel requirements AND health & Safety Protocols as you, and everyone traveling with you, are required to follow the guidelines to enter Belize.
The following are some guidelines to help you prepare for your international trip and know what to expect when you arrive in Belize.
Only Gold Standard hotel will be permitted to accept guest. We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country. Belize’s number one priority is establishing enhanced health and safety measures to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation. Belize Boutique Resort And Spa is a Certified Gold Standard Hotel by the Belize Tourism Board
TRANSPORTATION (Transfers & Tours)
Only Gold Standard tour operators will be permitted to accept guest. We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country. Belize’s number one priority is establishing enhanced health and safety measures to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation. Our resort is a licensed resort, as well as tour operator. Belize Boutique Resort And Spa is a Certified Gold Standard Tour Operator by the Belize Tourism Board.
Before Your Visit
The International Border at the Belize Phillip Goldson International Airport (airport code - BZE), the only international airport in the country of Belize, is open for leisure travel. International travelers (visitors & returning Belizeans) are required to download THiS (the Government’s Health App) AND show proof of a negative covid-19 test taken within 4 days prior to arrival in the country. If proof cannot be shown, travelers will be required to do a rapid test (at their own expense). If test is positive, traveler will be subjected to 14 days quarantine (at their own expense).
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information prior to boarding the flight to Belize. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize.
- We encourage you to take a Covid-19 PCR test within 4 days of travel to Belize, as a negative result will allow for a ‘fast track’ arrival process.
On Arrival in Belize:
- You will disembark the plane - wearing a face mask - and proceed to health screening.
- If you have your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will also be required to take a COVID rapid test upon arrival in Belize. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00. Test results may take approximately 15 to 30 minutes to be processed.
- A negative test result will allow for you to enter into the Immigration and Customs area for processing.
- If your test result is positive, health officials will isolate you and you will be transferred to an approved hotel for a minimum 14-day mandatory quarantine, at your expense.
During your Stay in Belize:
- While in country facemasks are mandatory in all public spaces, and you’re advised to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene, to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
For more information on the new destination protocols and frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
Cancellations and Rescheduling of Bookings
In response to travel restrictions and changing conditions, we are committed to ensuring our guests experience flexibility during these challenging times. We have extended our cancellation policy for all new and future booking starting May 1, 2020 onwards with one year free rescheduling policy, should travel restrictions occur.
Cancellations charges will be waived for bookings made for hotel stays until April 30, 2020.
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date through June 30, 2020 including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes, for a year from intended date of stay, without a charge. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability.
- If you have booked through a travel agent or other third parties, kindly contact your booking provider for information on their cancellation policies.
- For guests looking to make new reservations rest assured that should travel restrictions continue to remain in place, you will be able to defer travel to a later date as needed and schedule in full for a year from intended date of stay.
We look forward to welcoming You to a Worry Free Vacation in Paradise and Taking Excellent Care of You.
Best & Safest Wishes,
Melanie & Merickston Nicholson
Memorable Vacations that Lasts A Lifetime.