We hope that you and your loved ones are safe during this confusing and fluid time. As we stay close to home for some time, we know that the love for travel will not go away. Knowing this, we understand there is some hesitancy in planning your next adventure, and we want our guests (that’s you!) to feel as comfortable as possible when planning your stay with us.
For decades, we have placed our guests at the center of whatever we do. Even amidst these challenging times, the one thing that stands out is the genuine and warm service of our front-line team of staff who are serving you, our guests, with the characteristic personal attention & top-notch service that has become the hallmark of our resort. At this moment, your safety and well-being are of utmost importance to us and we remain committed to being prepared to welcome you back at Belize Boutique Resort And Spa very soon!
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance.
We are closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization and Government of Belize.
Your Health & Safety is Paramount. Kindly Help us to prevent the spread of illnesses. One person Can Make A Difference. You Can Make A Difference.
We have Implemented New Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols for new & returning guest visiting Our Resort, associates and our team of staff. Our Resort’s team of staff are continually trained to practice & implement new enhanced protocols.
Everyone is required to temperature checks, to wear face masks, to practice (recommended 6 feet) safe social distancing, to regularly wash & sanitize hands. Sanitizing Stations can be found by Entrance, Restaurants, Pools & Lounge Areas. Enhanced cleaning of all areas including public areas & high touch surfaces have also been implemented. All high touch surfaces have been thoroughly cleaned & disinfected
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our resort family is working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our resorts’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
The resort has implemented these precautionary hygiene measures based on instructions received from the Government agencies and Ministry of Health on the guidelines for prevention of transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Training to sensitize associates to the protocol prescribed by Government of Belize for personal hygiene and COVID 19, which includes, but not limited to use of face masks, social distancing, cleaning and sanitizing, personal hygiene, employee health monitoring, and food safety.
- The Resort may measure body temperatures of all guests, associates and vendors using non-invasive laser thermometers.
- Repeated surface cleaning and sanitization of all areas, including increased access to alcohol-based hand sanitizers at prominent locations (restaurant, pools, mineral bath).
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
Our resort uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: The resort uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: The resort has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the check in lounge, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” The resort is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and offices.
The Belize Phillip Goldson International Airport (airport code - BZE) reopening date previously scheduled for August 15, 2020 has been postponed due to an increase of cases. New reopening date has not been set and will be updated as soon as officially announced. The country and country’s officials, as well as individual establishments like ours, are doing everything we can to help prevent the spread of the pandemic .
International Travelers: New Travel Requirements
Kindly read the following travel requirements AND health & Safety Protocols as you, and everyone traveling with you, are required to follow the guidelines to enter Belize.
The following are some guidelines to help you prepare for your international trip and know what to expect when you arrive in Belize.
Only Gold Standard hotel will be permitted to accept guest. We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country. Belize’s number one priority is establishing enhanced health and safety measures to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation. During this initial phase, which we are currently in, it is important to know that visitors to Belize will remain on the hotel/resort property.
Transportation (Transfers & Tours)
Only Gold Standard tour operators will be permitted to accept guest. We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country. Belize’s number one priority is establishing enhanced health and safety measures to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation. Our resort is a licensed resort, as well as tour operator. During this initial phase, which we are currently in, it is important to know that only country’s approved tour operators will be able to conduct tours for guests.
Before Your Visit
The International Border at the Phillip Goldson International Airport (airport code - BZE), the only international airport in the country of Belize, reopens August 15, 2020. International travelers (visitors & returning Belizeans) are required to download THiS (the Government’s Health App) AND show proof of a negative covid-19 test taken 72 hours prior to arrival in the country. If proof cannot be shown, travelers will be required to do a rapid test (at their own expense). If test is positive, traveler will be subjected to 14 days quarantine (at their own expense).
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information prior to boarding the flight to Belize. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize.
- We encourage you to take a Covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours of travel to Belize, as a negative result will allow for a ‘fast track’ arrival process.
On Arrival in Belize:
- You will disembark the plane - wearing a face mask - and proceed to health screening.
- If you have your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will also be required to take a COVID rapid test upon arrival in Belize. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00. Test results may take approximately 15 to 30 minutes to be processed.
- A negative test result will allow for you to enter into the Immigration and Customs area for processing.
- If your test result is positive, health officials will isolate you and you will be transferred to an approved hotel for a minimum 14-day mandatory quarantine, at your expense.
During your Stay in Belize:
- While in country facemasks are mandatory in all public spaces, and you’re advised to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene, to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
- During this initial phase, which we are currently in, visitors to Belize will remain on the hotel/resort property. Our property offers full service amenities (restaurant, bar, pool &/or beach access, and onsite activities), and we’ll also be working to provide a taste of local culture, food and entertainment on-site, so that you can experience the destination and “live like a local”.
- We want you to see and do as much of the local activities in our beautiful country, during your visit. Although you won’t be able to explore on your own, we can arrange guided tours for you with our approved Gold Standard Tour Operator. Please let us know what you’re interested in doing and seeing while in country and we can offer and schedule transfers and tours for you.
For more information on the new destination protocols and frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
Cancellations and Rescheduling of Bookings
In response to travel restrictions and changing conditions, we are committed to ensuring our guests experience flexibility during these challenging times. We have extended our cancellation policy for all new and future booking starting May 1, 2020 onwards with one year free rescheduling policy, should travel restrictions occur.
Cancellations charges will be waived for bookings made for hotel stays until April 30, 2020.
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date through June 30, 2020 including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes, for a year from intended date of stay, without a charge. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability.
- If you have booked through a travel agent or other third parties, kindly contact your booking provider for information on their cancellation policies.
- For guests looking to make new reservations rest assured that should travel restrictions continue to remain in place, you will be able to defer travel to a later date as needed and schedule in full for a year from intended date of stay.
We look forward to welcoming You to Paradise and taking Excellent Care of You.
Best & Safest Wishes,
Melanie & Merickston Nicholson
"Celebrate LIFE & The Joys of Being With Loved Ones!”